Photographers, filmmakers, and video directors are invited to take a look at the Duncan Estate as a backdrop for your projects. The Duncan Estate is the perfect setting for a film or photo shoot.
This Spartanburg, SC mansion is a one of a kind Neo-Classical plantation-style estate built in 1897. Historic features include:
– Four classical columns with Doric capitals
– Triangular pediment with fanlight at the entrance
– Iron balcony over the front door
– Twelve foot ceilings, ornate lighting and two 1930’s Waterford crystal chandeliers
– Functional pocket doors on either side of the grand foyer
– Newly refinished oak hardwood floors throughout the house
– Grand staircase adorned with palladium windows
– Antique furniture and décor, including an 1890’s 7-piece Victorian parlor set and a functional 1890’s pump organ, make perfect period props
– Four acres include a 3-tiered formal garden, hundred-year-old magnolia trees, oak trees and boxwood bushes
The large interior rooms offer ample space for camera equipment. Two large parking areas can accommodate at least 50 cars or multiple trailers.
Forty foot tall bamboo circumferences the entire property, creating the privacy and seclusion of a country estate. No other houses can be viewed from within the Duncan Estate property, nor can the Duncan Estate be observed from the three roads it fronts.
The Duncan Estate offers ample space and privacy for filming or photography projects, yet it is located only 1 mile from historic downtown Spartanburg and all the conveniences of a mid-sized city. Spartanburg, South Carolina has the conveniences to support crews for movie locations. The city has several hotels, restaurants and entertainment options, all within a 10 minute drive from the Duncan Estate.
Contact us for further details on using the Duncan Estate in your next photography or film project!
Television – “Southern Fried Stings”, TruTV 2010
Commercial Television – The Castle Prom & Bridal 2009
Commercial Photography – Bridgewater Candle Company: Summer 2009 catalog; Greenleaf Gifts: Spring 2013 catalog